Help rigging bow sprit?

Mast, Boom, Standing and Running Rigging, Furler System, Reefing, Barberhauler, Lazyjack etc
eko_eko
Your Country: USA, Dania Beach

Help rigging bow sprit?

Post by eko_eko »

My manual lacks any diagrams for how to rig the bow sprit. Does anyone here have instructions, photographs, or diagrams they can share? The line for lowering the pole is run, but the pole itself is currently detached from the boat.

Thanks!
1999 Dragonfly 920
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Post by gminkovsky »

I took a bunch of pictures of my bow sprit today. I will email them to Bo so they will be posted in a couple of days. I can then walk you through the setup.
Please click on any of the photos to see them enlarged!

Image Image Image Image
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Post by gminkovsky »

So here are the comments:

as you can see, there is 1 wire stay connected on each side of the tip of the sprit to the eye on each ama. The geometry is such that it allows the sprit to be raised and lowered.

there is a stay that connects to an eye low on the bow, then via blocks and rope to the tip of the sprit. the line then goes through a jam cleat and up to pulpit. use this to tighten the sprit in low horizontal position or loosen it to raise the sprit.

there is a line that goes through an eye in the middle of sprit underneath and is connected to 2 small eyes on pulpit with snapshackles. Keeps the sprit from falling down.