Weight of ama on DF920

including Amas (Floats), Akas (Beams) , Swing Wing system and all other hull related issues.
jerry99
Your Country: Switzerland, Fribourg/ FR

Weight of ama on DF920

Post by jerry99 »

Does anybody know the weight of one ama from a DF 920 Extreme?

In manual is noted it needs two persons to mount or demount the amas; preferably three. Considering a normal person can hold and lift about 30 - 40 kgs, I estimate 80 kgs for one ama.

Or is it more and I have to ask Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dolf Lundgreen to disassemble my boat :?:

All comments are welcome
DF 920E SUI-118, Lilly Belle
Martin W
Your Country: UK, Solent

Re: Weight of ama on DF920

Post by Martin W »

jerry99 wrote:Does anybody know the weight of one ama from a DF 920 Extreme?

In manual is noted it needs two persons to mount or demount the amas; preferably three. Considering a normal person can hold and lift about 30 - 40 kgs, I estimate 80 kgs for one ama.

Or is it more and I have to ask Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dolf Lundgreen to disassemble my boat :?:

All comments are welcome
Hi Jerry, having had my 920 ashore recently, and having moved the amas in and out a few times on my own on props, without using the control lines…. I had to get underneath, and lift each end with a shoulder in turn. I think your weight estimate is not too far off, I think you might be looking at just under 100 kilos. You’d want 2 big guys for sure, plus another to undo or do up the fasteners, ideally 3 on the lift, bearing in mind theres no resting or going back.
DF920 Chiara
jerry99
Your Country: Switzerland, Fribourg/ FR

Weight of ama

Post by jerry99 »

I removed the amas of my DF920e with the help of 1 person.
The amas were heavier than expected and the center of gravity is quite in front, about 2/3 from stern.
DF 920E SUI-118, Lilly Belle