ST60 connection

Motor, Motor Maintenance, Winches, Cooker, Heater, Fridge, Battery, Battery Charging, Shore Connection, Instruments, Autopilot, Anchor etc.
Christian
Your Country: Sweden, Nacka

ST60 connection

Post by Christian »

My wind instrument does not work properly, going to try to figure out where the problem is, does anyone know how the mast top connection is mounted to the cable? witch connector is connected to red, green, blue and yellow?

I have to figure out if the problem is in the mast or if it is in the wind vane, but it is hard to tell how the different cables are connected to the pins in the connector. In cabin I reach them as red, green, blue, yellow and shield... In the mast top connector there are just 5 black pins.
gminkovsky
Your Country: USA, Long Island Sound

Post by gminkovsky »

I am not sure if my answer will be helpful to you, but I had to replace my ST40 wind instrument. The mast-top unit came with a very long cable that could not be disconnected from the unit! So I installed the new unit and spliced its cable to the old cable in the mast.

I also had to replace (on different occasion) some of the instruments in the cockpit - those were plug and play.

My wind instrument was giving me troubles for 2 years before I replaced it. So I also have an inexpensive hand-held one.